So I decided to go Vegan for 7 days.
Yes 7 WHOLE DAYS and it was one of the hardest things that I have ever done lol.
So why did I do it?
Because I want to be a disciplined individual who can commit to something and follow it all the way through.
- Increased Energy. I am a notorious quick nap taker but ever-since this challenge I have felt so energized to the point where I felt like I didn’t need a nap which is crazy.
- Salad Queen. My salads are usually ultra-plain only containing lettuce(or spinach) and a dot of ranch dressing.(yes, a dot) Going on this challenge I have gotten used to eating salad that contains way more content such as seeds, different vinaigrettes, fruits, other veggies and more!
- An Appreciation for Veggie burgers. These burgers are actually pretty freaking good. I went to yeah burger and got a Veggie burger and I had the most anxiety ever prior to eating because I never ate anything other than a beef burger. It was sooo good and flavorful.Needless to say->I was shocked lol
- Lost some serious pounds. So I wear the same black attire to work every week(Serving at a soul food restaurant) so I could quickly tell how I lost some pounds because my attire was sooo baggy. Its crazy to witness the same pants you have been wearing for months all of a sudden can barely stay up!
- Intro to other food. From Tofu to Vegan Soup to Vegan Burgers I have tasted foods I would have never even paid any attention to years ago. So now when I go grocery shopping I am exploring more options so my meals are not as boring now.
So that was fun and now I will try going vegetarian for 21 Days (insert hungry face here). I can’t lie, I haven’t had fried chicken for about 8 months now and I am craving it now more than ever but I am going to keep pushing through.
If you want to join me on this challenge then let me know!
QOTD: Teamwork makes the Dream work.